Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Woven Basket

Good morning everyone!  It's still quite rainy here, and hard to get in the mood for anything cheery, but I thought I would give the woven basket a try that they were talking about yesterday over at Splitcoast.  I told you all that I was in love with Leah's Blooms, so I am wanting to put them on everything I make.  After making this basket, I knew it would be a perfect home for some of those gorgeous blooms.  It's crazy to think that I made this basket with only 1 sheet of 12 x 12 paper.  I ended up making this for my secret sister at church, and I will probably fill it with something fun for her.  Here is the tutorial for this particular basket.  
Stamps:  Delight (Verve)
Ink:  Mellow Moss
Paper:  Ivory Parchment, Pink Pirouette textured 
Accessories:  handmade blooms from Paper Blooms, Pink Pirouette button, Circle Rhinestone brad, oval cutter, sponge, brads, Mellow Moss ribbon
Head on over to the Paper Blooms challenge blog and check out the weekly challenge.  This week the challenge is a sketch and color challenge.  Leah's offering some of her blooms to one lucky participant.

10 comments:

  1. Oh! I love this Cassie! It's just perfect...I'll have to check out that tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY!!! I had to look at the tutorial just to see it was made out of paper as yours looks like a real wood basket!!! FANTASTIC job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am at a loss for words - this is just so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie, what a great basket. I love it. gonna check that tutorial. very darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, Cassie, this is uber gorgeous!!! I don't have the patience to make one of these baskets, but yours is so FABulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh cassie i JUST bookmarked this basket to make for the challenge lol.. glad i came here first :) this turned out sooooo pretty. very feminine. and i love the paper you chose, in fact i thought this was a wood basket that you altered. fantastic job! the fowers are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omgosh! This is stunning! I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Cassie!!! This is downright gorgeous!! I may have to try making this!! Fantastic! Love your blooms!! I am truly inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this basket. What a pretty gift for a baby shower. Great job

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)