Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Thank You for Pastor

Yesterday was a rough day for my husband's troop. They said goodbye to a fellow soldier during a soldier memorial. I was asked by my husband to come and support him, so naturally I felt like I needed to be there. Our pastor, a wonderful man of God, asked if it would help if he took the kids. I would have never asked him to do this, but God just knows. Pastor took the kids to Starbucks for a 'treat' and then up the church to play, while he worked.

It was such a blessing to know that they were taken care of, and that I could go to the memorial without any worries. I wanted to make him something special, so I pulled out a couple of my fav treat sets from Clear Dollar Stamps. One is called Sweet Jesus and the other is called Sweet Accents.
Stamps: Sweet Jesus, Sweet Accents
Ink: Baja Breeze, Ridinghood Red
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Early Bird dp, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Summer Sun Courdoroy buttons, circle cutters, window punch, brads

I've had a lot of fun with these stamps lately. Just yesterday I made over 60 little tags with the little 'Jesus is Nuts about You' stamp with the squirrel for some little bags of peanuts for Grandparents day at the church! Darn if I didn't take a picture, ugh! They were so darn cute too. Oh well. I hope you have a blessed rest of your day. I need to go and get ready for a military formal tonight. I just love seeing my man in his blues!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! awesome how just a few stamps and embellishments can dress up something already so yummy!
    And ... have fun at the ball! (did you remember your eggs) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very sweet (no pun intended) thing to do for the pastor. I am very sad to hear about your DH friend and brother in arms.... Please know I said a prayer for them and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so sure your pastor loved these CAssie!!! What a wonderful gift. I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers go to his family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a kind thing your paster did for you and I know he will appreciate the goodies!!! So sorry to hear about the soldier...my DH is retired military and he still feels pain for every fallen soldier. Prayers going out to the family and to your DH!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)