Friday, December 10, 2010

Limited Supplies

I'm going to show a couple of cards today, but they are cards I made while away for my grandfather-in-law's funeral. It was obviously not a 'plan ahead' type of trip, and I knew I would need some crafting to help me cope, so I had to just grab stuff and hope it was enough. It was a real test in crafting essentials. I ended up grabbing my most recent Taylored Expressions Key Ingredients kits (because they come with coordinating paper, dp, ribbon, and usually an accessory.) Along with that I grabbed a cutter, my tape gun, dimensionals, a sponge, 2 clear stamp sets, a block, 2 inks, a few more small matching accessories, and my prismacolor pencils. All of this (except my prismacolors, & my paper cutter) fit nicely into the plastic case that my TE KI kit came in, so it all fit nicely in my luggage.

I used a couple of retiring sets from Clear Dollar Stamps called Ageless Antiques & Kitchen Clutter. They are fairly recent purchases for me, because I had been admiring them for quite sometime. Clearance and retiring was enough motivation for me to purchase those babies, hehe. Based on my limited supplies I was only able to have straight edge cuts, but as you can see these cards turned out pretty good regardless of fancy cuts. It just goes to show that you CAN make some decent cards when you do have limited supplies!

This one is from Ageless Antiques. I love these mixers (although I don't have one), but like my bff, Christi, sorta said, the mixer is the icon for the kitchen.
Stamps: Ageless Antiques
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Paper: unknown red, OA Modern Homemaker, buttercream (all from the TE KI Kit)
Accessories: Prismacolor & gamsol, green rhinestones, dimensionals, yellow ribbon, sponge
Here is a card using the Kitchen Clutter. I love those little images that you can mix and match.
Stamps: Kitchen Clutter
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Paper: unknown blue, OA Modern Homemaker, buttercream (all from the TE KI Kit)
Accessories: Prismacolor & gamsol, sponge, dimensionals, cream half-back pearls, green ribbon
So, there you go! They could technically fit into some challenges for this week, but I didn't make them for any specifically. These were just made on the fly with limited supplies, to show you that it can be done :D

4 comments:

  1. so cute and domestic. i love these cards. ;)gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both these cards! You are making me really want to go shopping for stamp sets!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss Cassie. I know it must have been a sad time. I am so glad you remembered to take your goodies with you.. Your cards are wonderful..Huge hugs..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)