Friday, May 9, 2014

1 Corinthians 16:14


Hey there everyone!  I've been absent for some great reasons.  This was probably the busiest week I will have all year.  Last Wednesday my in-laws made it into town for my husband's graduation from Auburn for his Masters Degree, we had ballgames and mud run 5Ks, a wedding, and then my in-laws left.  It has been a great, crazy few days.

What I'm showing you today was made for the special couple as a wedding gift.  I have really been enjoying Gelatos recently and making home decor items.  Playing around with the different products has proven to be very therapeutic :)


I started out by painting and distressing a wooden frame I found at a local craft store.  That took no time and dried quickly.  The next step was simply coloring a canvas board with the different Gelato colors.  You can get so many different looks by just mixing and rubbing.


After I got the Gelatos to look the way I wanted, I used a stencil from Simon Says stamp called Moroccan.  It's a great technique that gives an awesome look buy using a baby wipe.  The final step for this background was to splatter some white paint using a toothbrush.


The final product is show above.  I used some cork, a doily, some Prima roses, Chalk Board Paint form Faber-Castell, and a few other products.  The die cut I used comes from Taylored Expressions and is called Label Stacklets 2.  The stamp is a wood handled stamp that I thought was perfect for the happy couple.


The above is a close up of what that baby wipe/stencil technique looks like.  I love it.

Stamp:  unknown wood handle stamp
Ink:  Craft White
Paper:  choice white
Accessories:  TE Label Stacklets 2 die, Gelatos, Prima roses. SS Moroccan stencil, cork, wood frame, white acrylic paint, doily, distress ink, Gold Viva Pearl Pen

Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. Life does get hectic doesn't it? Love this different wedding card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)