Monday, August 25, 2008

Christmas in August

I was on www.Splitcoaststampers.com this morning (which has quickly become my favorite website), and I saw that the challenge was faux dry embossing. So I decided to give one of these challenges a try. It is really a beautiful technique that gives you the ability to make any stamp look dry embossed. I used the One of a Kind stamp set along with Heard from the Heart.

To get this look I first stamped my background image in white ink. Then using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I stamped the image back over it above and to the right using the color of my paper. The papers I used were sage shadow, whisper white, and 2 kinds of retired DSP. I distressed the edges of the sentiment, and tied a ribbon around the DSP. There you go. Very simple card that I feel looks pretty elegant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)