Monday, March 4, 2013

Anything Goes


My babies are back from their mission trip, and my house is filled with their sounds again, so this mother is content.  I did have a productive time while they were away, but I'm certainly happy to have them home.  I didin't even mind doing all of the bags of wet laundry ;)

I have an 'anything goes' card to show you for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge.  I used my Simon Says March Card Kit that has the Flower Friend stamp set in it.  I don't have a lot of Distress Inks, but I wanted to try to do a background with dye inks anyway.  I may have to invest in some more Distress Inks.  Plus, I did this background on something other than watercolor paper, but I think it still looks all right.


Stamps:  Flower Friend
Ink:  SU Bermuda Bay, SU So Saffron, SU Old Olive, SU Craft White, Black Soot Distress Ink
Paper:  SS March 13 Card Kit
Accessories:  washi tap & clip from kit, white embossing powder, foam tape

Thanks for stopping in today.  It's a busy week since I am doing this parenting thing solo, but we've done that before many, many times.  I just have to find my groove :)

2 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning, I love how you have used the kit. Gorgeous colours too. I hope you have added it to the gallery on the Simon Says Stamp Blog ?
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week

    Hugs

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your background came out and I really like the idea it's ink other than distress. I sometimes don't think about using my other inks for projects like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)