Friday, April 26, 2013

A little Mixability

Today has been a good day.  It hasn't been super productive, but it has been a good day.  The weather is wonderful.  I got to see my husband receive an award this morning at an Army breakfast.  The kids are using today's school day as a 'make up' day.  Plus, I got to play a bit in my 'craft cave'.  It is a good day :)

I like to stretch my creative limbs a bit and try new things.  Today over at Splitcoaststampers they have a new Mix-ability challenge, and today's challenge is called Mr. Squiggle.  You have to use two different kinds of medium. . .mine are inks and chalks, and the challenge is to doodle.  I didn't use a single stamp on my card.  It surprised me too!

I've been enjoying mixing up my backgrounds using various inks and water.  After I made the background, I wrote out my sentiment and drew my stars.  They were then colored with some chalks, and I love how those yellow stars just stand out.

Ink:  Distress Faded Jeans, SU Wisteria, S.E.I. blue fabric ink
Paper:  watercolor, SU Yoyo Yellow, SU Wisteria
Accessories:  water spritzer, black Copic pen 0.3, yellow chalk, corner chomper, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)