Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Goat-tee

I played along with the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge this morning, and came up with a birthday card for my son's friend at the same time.  

He has grown accustomed to making special requests for birthday cards, which is something I love.  They can't imagine buying a card from a store when Mom is right here to make a special one!  What he really wanted was for me to make a card with a minotaur on it.  Honestly, I was stumped so he had to come up with a different idea. . .a goat with facial hair, hehe.  I managed to do it, but now I know a way to make the minotaur.  I'll be saving that for his birthday ;)

Stamps:  Green Acres, Sentiment Sampler, Chubby Chums (Paper Smooches)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Black Soot, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass
Paper:  watercolor, Neenah Solar White, SU Yoyo Yellow
Accessories:  washi tape, black embossing powder, foam tape
Copics:  T1, T3, T5, T7, Y13, Y17, 100

Joann's was having a super sale on their papercrafting section, and I happened to have a coupon for an extra 25% off my purchase for my birthday month.  I ended up getting a bunch of goodies for 75% off! I have a few new Distress Inks along with the Craft Mat (so stoked about that), so I made my background.  It is such a fun way to make a background, and I am sort of addicted so this won't be the last time you see that watercolored background :D

I better get the kids up and start school.  Thanks for stopping in this morning!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card Cassie. I am in love with the background! Great take on the sketch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Thanks for the smile! Great card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooooooooooooooooooooove this Cass girl. What a cool bg. Love the stache on Mr. Goat. That is so cute that your kid's ask you for custom made cards. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card and I LOVE your background! I've yet to try that yet but I love what I've seen so far. Bella wouldn't dream of buying a card from a store either. I'm not even sure she knows that they sell them, lol!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)