Monday, January 5, 2015

Gelli Plate 'Thanks'


Happy Monday, friends!  Christmas break is over (boooo), and it's back to a regular schedule in this house, but we are going to make the most of it and embrace it the best we can.  I think I was made for retirement, haha, and not even a lavish one ;)  For Christmas this year, I received a gift from my awesome father-in-law.  He picked my name in the family drawing, and he went above and beyond.  I had made up a 'wish list' on Amazon for my husband, but my FIL had peaked in on it.  He took an idea and ran with it!  I was so excited and proud of him for what he got me!  I ended up getting a couple different sizes of Gelli plates along with an idea book and a brayer!

As a 'thank you' to him I made this card using the Gelli plates, acrylic paints, a couple of stencils, and a paint brush.  Oh goodness, this is so fun, and I can see making so many great and unique backgrounds!  The die I used came from Taylored Expressions.


Thanks for checking in and having a look!  I hope you are finding new to challenge your art :)

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome background, Cassie! This totally makes me want to get out my never used Gelli plate and use it! And what a sweet & thoughtful FIL!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)