Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 2 of Virtual Stamp Night

So here are my day 2 submissions for the VSN that took place this last weekend over at Splitcoaststampers.  I was only able to participate in 4 of the 13 challenges that took place on day 2.  They were all wonderful challenges and sometime down the road, I will use them to inspire me for other occassions.  It was obvious that the hostesses put in a lot of time and effort, and it showed.  All of the challenges looked fantastic!

Here is my first card that I did for the "Melt My Heart" challenge that was hostessed by Emily.  The challenge was to use the melted crayon background technique.  I used the crayon colors blue, blizzard blue, blue green, and turquoise blue to get this background.  All I can say is that 
this technique is incredibly fun, and if you haven't tried it you need to.  
Stamps:  Cute Critters (CD stamps)
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Apprioct Appeal, Tangerine Tango, Close to Cocoa
Accessories:  crayons, iron, foil, Appricot Appeal & Only Orange markers, Tangerine Tango ribbon, oval punch, Labels nesties, stampin' dimensionals, Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, 
paper piercer

My second card for the day was for the challenge "Window into my Soul" hostessed by Jenny.  The challenge was to make a window or acetate card, so here is what I came up with.  
Stamps:  Moose Wishes (CD Stamps)
Ink:  Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Creamy Caramel
Paper:  watercolor paper, Candy Lane DSP, acetate paper
Accessories:  courdoroy button, slit punch, label nesties, silver cord

My third card for the day was for the challenge "Love Starts with L" hostessed by Robyn.  The challenge was to use only things starting with the letter 'L'.  It is a lot harder than it sounds.  Here is what I came up with.
Stamps:  Joyful Day (CD Stamps)
Ink:  Lovely Lilac
Paper:  Lovely Lilac, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Label punch, Lable hodgepodge, Linen

And for my final card of the day, the challenge was the "Joy of Love" hostessed by Taylor.  The challenge was to make a Joy fold card, and this is what I came up with.
Stamps:  Sip by Sip (SU)
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Rockabilly DSP, Riding Hood Red, Basic Black
Accessories:  Kiwi Kiss ribbon, circle punch, oval punch

1 comment:

  1. Love these cards especially the moose. You can take the girl out of Alaska but you can't take the moose out of the girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)