Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ways to Use It

My husband got back out of the field on Friday afternoon of last week and then had an extended weekend.  We've had baseball/softball tryouts and I feel very sick right now.  Ughh, I hate having a cold.  I'm very blessed though. . .I never seem to get too sick.  So after my long explanation as to why I haven't posted in a few days, here are my submissions for the Ways to Use It Challenge on Splitcoaststampers.  The challenge was to go crazy with your embellishments, and I know what you're thinking 'she didn't go too crazy.'  No, but this was stepping out for me.  I have been hanging onto these leather frames for a very long time.  I had other plans of combining the chipboard flower with the frame, but I just couldn't make it work so I chose to make 2 cards instead.  
Stamps:  Spring Critters (CD Stamps)
Ink:  Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Rose Red DSP
Accessories:  Baja Breeze ribbon, leather frame, aqua paiter,
 Sahara Sand & Rose Red markers

Here is the other card, and I did layer this embellishment.  I covered the chipboard flower in Not Quite Navy paper, used a felt flower, a white flower, another felt flower, and topped it with a pink rhinestone brad.  This is the result.
Stamps:  none
Ink:  none
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Rose Red DSP, Not Quite Navy DSP
Accessories:  Chit Chat rub-ons, Baja Breeze ribbon, chipboard flower, Flower Fusion, 
Flower Fusion 2, white flower, rhinestone circle brad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)