Friday, August 30, 2013

How to make Coffee Scented Embossing Powder that actually works!


Yesterday I told you that my attempt at making coffee scented embossing powder was unsuccessful.  Today I want to tell you why it was unsuccessful and why I believe today's attempt worked.  To make your own scented embossing powders you need a ratio of 1:2, which is 1 part scented sugar free powder to 2 parts clear embossing powder.  Yesterday's attempt used 1 part coffee, like the recipe requires, but I noticed that the consistency of my 'powder' was not powder like, but more clumpy.  My coffee was too chunky.  For today's powder I decided to put my already ground up coffee through the grinding process again to creating a finer powder.  It worked beautifully, and now I have a very nice coffee scented embossing powder that actually works when you scratch it!

For my card I used a combination of sets from Papertrey Ink.  One of them is a newer set that I bought with the Stamp-a-faire kit that won't be available to the general public until September called Sent-imentals, along with yesterday's set called Latte Love.

Stamps:  Sent-imentals, Latte Love
Ink:  SU Pool Party, SU Real Red, Memento Espresso Truffle, Versamark
Paper:  PTI White, SU Domestic dp
Accessories:  coffee scented embossing powder, Circle Nesties, foam tape, corner rounder

Here's what the set looks like. . .I'm kinda lovin' it!

1 comment:

  1. This card is SOOOOOOOOO cute Cassie! And, I love your tips at making embossing powder - so cool!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)