Thursday, January 29, 2009

Liquid Applique



I've used the Liquid Applique on cards in the past, but I never explained how to use it.  As you can see from the picture, I used the White Liquid Applique on the fluff of the little girl's coat.  This stuff is really fun to work with.  To use it, you squirt enough over the area to cover what you want covered.  In this case, I decided to add some glitter to her fluff while it was still wet.  I tapped off the excess glitter and then using my heating gun, I heated the Liquid Applique until it puffed.  When you're done heating it, you need to let it cool for a bit, otherwise your puffiness could get flattened and it's not a pretty image :D  I hope you have fun making things puffy!

I must admit when I first bought this set, I obviously really liked it, but didn't know the potential for it until I actually had it in my hands.  I LOVE this set now!  I'm not sure if you can see it in the picture, but I used Crystal Effects on each of the fish to make them appear shiny.  I also popped up the little girl with Stampin' Dimensionals.  I made a fishing pole with a twig stamp, and glued some white string to the pole and under the fish.

Stamps:  Winter Eskimo, What a Hoot-twig (CD Stamps)
Ink:  Basic Black, Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey, Baha Breeze
Paper:  Basic Grey, Whisper White, Baja Breeze DSP
Accessories:  White Liquid Applique, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, heating gun, Crystal Effects, sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals, Slit punch, Baja Breeze button, Riding Hood Red ribbon

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)