Friday, January 9, 2009

A Very Productive Day

On top of today being a productive school day for the kids, it was also a productive stamping day for me. Yeah, I know when it rains it pours. . .I either do not have time to post and an abundance of things to post, or I do have time and I'm scrabbling to make things to post. Not that I mind making things. I totally enjoy going into my craft cave and getting away from things. So, sorry for those of you whom are bored looking at my posts for the day, but I just have to share. Tomorrow will probably be one of those days that nothing gets posted, so bear with me :)

Riding the wave of my excitement from my latest shipment of Clear Dollar Stamps, here are two more cards from two new sets.

This card was inspired by a gift bag that Kim Teasdale made. I obviously switched things up a bit. I made the igloo with Baja Breeze DSP that I ran through my Cuttlebug with the Tiny Mosaic embossing folder. I then cut out two half circles. The white stitching is faux stitching with a white gel pen. I watercolored the girl using Not Quite Navy, then cut her out and used white liquid applique on her coat fluff. I poured glitter over the top before I heated it. What a fun set.Stamps: Winter Eskimo
Ink: Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Night of Navy, Going Gray, Basic Gray
Paper: Not Quite Navy DSP, Baja Breeze DSP, Whisper White, Watercolor paper, Basic Gray
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Tiny Mosaic embossing folder, white liquid applique, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Aqua-painter, circle cutters, slit punch, Baja Breeze button, silver cord, white gel pen, sponge, Blush Blossom marker, Pretty in Pink marker

This next card was made using the new Clear Dollar Stamp set called "Farm Critters" I love using the Flower Soft. I have two kinds, the Heather and the Nut Brown. This color combination was fun to work with as well.
I have go to learn to take better pictures, because this just doesn't give it justice. I did pop the image up with Stampin' Dimensionals, which obviously gives it dimension.

Stamps: Farm Critters, Thoughtful Notes
Ink: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Rose Red, Going Gray
Paper: Rose Red DSP, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Watercolor paper
Accessories: Aqua-painter, Apricot Appeal marker, Pumpkin Pie marker, Flower Soft-Heather, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, sponge, Black Gingham ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)