Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Welcome Home for the Neighbor

Whenever my neighbor goes out of town, I take care of her cat, Stimpy.  Stimpy is easy, as are most cats.  All I have to do is make sure she has food and water and that she is still alive, haha.  Stimpy hides, so I usually just look for her, and then I'm out the door.  It's become a thing that Stimpy 'leave' a card or a project for her mother while they are away.  Last time Stimpy crafted a scrapbook layout of her mother in the paper, and she left a card to tell her mom how proud she was.  This time, we left this card, haha.  Since that cat always hides, I thought this image from the set Cat-tastic from Clear Dollar Stamps was perfect.

I used the sketch from Card Patterns to give 'us' a jump start.
 The images in this set always make me laugh.  I ended up pairing it with another CDS set called Nice Neighborhood for the wording.
Stamps:  Cat-tastic, Nice Neighborhood
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  buttercream, CC Social Club
Accessories:  Octagon & Scalloped Octagon Nestabilties, Large Scallop Die-namics MFT, red yarn, Copics & airbrush, dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS!!!! This is FABULOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! I love that the cat leaves this, such a cute idea. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how sweet. Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)