Friday, March 6, 2015

Documented Life Project Weeks 7-9

Hey everyone!  I told you I would be more intentional about sharing my art journal pages, no matter how bad I may think they are.  I actually happen to like the three I'm going to show you.  Now that all of my design team contracts are up, and I'm a free agent, I plan to focus on some personal growth in the area of art.  I've always loved art. . .everything about it and all facets, so I plan on taking some classes this year.  My husband has given me the green light.  You have to jump on board when the other gives you the green light ;)

These pages today are for the Documented Life Project 2015.  If you haven't heard of it, and are at all interested in art journaling head on over and sign up because it's free!

This first picture is from week 7, where we were challenged to 'Cover Up Good Stuff'.  I felt like I added so much to this page, and ended up covering up some flowers that I had drawn and a few other elements that might actually be poking out if I look close enough.  Trusting the process it a bit hard at times, but you can really up come with some great stuff if you do.  I really love how this page turned out.  It's so vibrant.


Week 8s challenge was 'Repeating Elements', and I had fun doing that with stencils.  Do you see my big purple mess in the middle?  Well, my distress paint blew up in the middle there, but I ended up working with it, and I even made some pretty underpaper with it as well.  I love the quote I found, 'all things are difficult before they are easy'.  I don't know who said it, but it makes perfect sense.  I've only really dabbled in art journaling now for a few weeks, but it just gets easier and even more fun with each page.


This last week, week 9s challenge, was to 'Use at Least Five Layers'.  Because I finished this just a couple of days ago, I can tell you the layers:  Donna Downey Stencil with Dylusions Spray, gesso, tissue & gel medium, acrylic paint, Gelli Plate print cut out and adhered with Gel Medium, painted around with acrylic paint, stamping, stencils with gesso, Stabilo marks, and finally a die cut word.  How's that for using at least five layers?!


These challenges are something I look so forward to every Saturday morning.  I don't always get around to them on Saturdays, but they are definitely a highlight for my week.  Having a creative outlet is vital to me being human, lol.

Thanks for stopping in.  If you have any questions about my pages or my process, please feel free to email me:  cassandratrask@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)