Monday, March 16, 2015

Taylored Expressions: Wall Art & Stencil Making


Hey friends!  I hope you have a lovely weekend!  I'm so excited to show you this project that I made using new products from Taylored Expressions.  I've really been enjoying making wall art, and TE products are perfect for them!

I started with a canvas board and some Gelatos.  After rubbing them around and blending them well, I decided to make my own stencil using the Quatrefoil Cutting Plate and some clear plastic sheets.  The trick with that is using the metal shim and running it through your machine a few times before pulling it out.  I now have a stencil I can use again and again!  I wiped a baby wipe through my stencil to give the look I achieved.


Then I just splattered some white acrylic paint with a toothbrush.


I stamped the Shade Tree Scripture stamp using black acrylic paint.  The other dies I used were the Postage Stamp Stacklets, and the new ones Garden Arbor and Gate & Arbor Fence, along with Flower Box Sprigs & Flowers, and Little Bits Flowers & Stems.


I'm just LOVING how it all turned out.  I don't know if I should give it as a gift or keep it all to myself ;)


I better get going.  I'm sure I can find all kinds of things that need to be done around the house.  Thanks for stopping in, and if you have any questions about this project, shoot me an email:  cassandratrask@yahoo.com

Here are the links to the products I used from the TE store:


1 comment:

  1. That is really nice! It's hard giving away hand made projects, even ones you are making to give away. :) I try not to make or give crafting projects that take more than a couple hours to people who don't appreciate the time and effort or that I know won't care for them. I need to get over that. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)