Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sunshine and Inspiration

 

Saturday, ahhhh, Saturday, how I love thee!  I'm obviously not at CHA, which saddens me a bit.  Although, I've never been, it's a bit of a dream, and I'm sure I will get there someday.  Just the idea of the smell of fresh paper and dye inks gets my heart 'a racin'!  Anyway, back to reality.  I woke up before everyone in my house. . .go figure, so I decided to get crafty.  I saw that the Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers (which is always a fave of mine), was for Layla Grayce, and so I had to peruse.  I found this gorgeous bedspread, and had to play. 


It's been quite dreary here lately, so maybe that is why I was drawn to this particular piece.  I used my Papertrey Ink set called Hello Sunshine.  I don't have the matching die, although I am seriously seeing the value of it after cutting these rays out by hand.  I paired the sentiment up with my Simon Says Folded Banner Die (becoming very in love with that thing).


There you have it!  I actually made this for my sister, but don't tell her ;)  Enjoy your Saturday, friends, and thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I see these cards all the time and haven't tried my hand at them yet. Thanks for the link, you enabler, you!!! LOL! Hugs and Happy Saturday!

    PS I'd love to go to CHA someday too!! Perhaps we'll go together someday???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rays! A lovely card! Have a great weekend even though you aren't at CHA. (I'm not there, either)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card dear Cassie! It's oozing with happiness and sunshine and all things bright and beautiful! The rays are super! Great cutting and the sentiment gorgeous!!
    I hope that things seem a little better in this new week and that more time to play comes before the next Sat!
    HUgs and smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)