Thursday, February 14, 2013

An SCS Love Fest


Happy Valentine's Day, my peeps!  We don't do anything super special for each other around here, and we don't spend money on flowers or anything like that either.  I make Jim a card and usually a special dessert, but that's it.  I also make the kids each a card.

There is, however, something special going on over at Splitcoaststampers right now!  Splitcoaststampers is seriously one of my of my very favorite places to hang out and get creative inspiration.  There are so many ladies that share in my obsession. . .errrr, gift, and it's nice to know that there are others ;)  Right now they are having what they call The Member Company Love Fest, and I for one am stoked!  It's time to enjoy friendships, challenges, and get to know the Splitcoaststampers Member Companies a bit.  There are even some prizes up for grabs.

Today's challenge was a LOVE challenge.  Come up with a card that  using each letter in the word LOVE.  You know how I showed you a card yesterday that I had made for Jim and I said I was certain he wouldn't check out my blog so he wouldn't see it?  Weeeeell, he did check out my blog, so I had to make him something new.  Here it is:


Here's how I used the word:

L -- layers
O -- an old stick pin
V -- Vintage Dreamer stamp set from Taylored Expressions
E -- embossing of the dry sort

Come on over and check it out.  If you've never been to Splitcoaststampers and this is your first time, you may never want to leave ;)

Stamps:  Vintage Dreamer
Ink:  SU Crumb Cake, SU Soft Suede, SU Ruby Red
Paper:  MME Lost & Fount, buttercream, yellow bazzil
Accessories:  TE From the Heart die, foam tape, ribbon, heart stick pin, TE Houndstooth/Damask Impression Plate

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the love.... and the card!! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)