Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Color Throwdown

I love summer! The kids and I have just been living outside, playing with the neighbors until late every night. They have been loving it! It's almost been hard to look at curriculum, but I know that we'll have to buckle down eventually and get back to the grind at the first of August. All the neighborhood kids will be back to school, and we'll have to get started too. Until then, we'll just continue to live it up outside even if it is 100 degrees outside with 99% humidity {lol}.

Speaking of neighbors, one of the little girls down the street is having a birthday party on Saturday. So, when I came across the colors for the Color Throwdown, I knew they would be perfect for Lily's card! The colors are Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, and Kiwi Kiss. Lily is having a Tinkerbell party, so I thought the new My Little Ballerina set from Clear Dollar Stamps would be perfect!
Stamps: My Little Ballerina (CD Stamps)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Whisper White, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss dp
Accessories: Copics, Tempting Turquoise brads, circle cutters, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, turquoise & icicle stickles
With my man gone, my days are filled with playing outside and my nights are filled with stamping sneaks for CDS. I hope you all are enjoying your summer as well.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE it in the bright colors! I hope the little girl loves it too, it's so cheerful and cute! Perfect layout for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute, I'm sure she'll love it, such a perfect little girls card:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adorable, Cassie! I love the shimmer and I'm sure the birthday girl will too! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is adorable Cassie!!! LOVE the color combo and the sparkle!!! Lily will love it too! My daughter is thinking just like you... hating the idea of getting out the books and starting up. TN starts the 4th I think. Just around the corner. I remember those fun summer nights... out playing until dark... happy days! Enjoy every minute of it!!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cassie! You have done such a wonderful job showcasing the endless potential for this stamp set! I love how you colored her in and how you added a little shadow effect! The glitter skirt is perfection! Great Job! now i want this set too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, she is soooo cute! Love the sparkles on this little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so very cute, I luv it....I have blog candy to offer on my blog!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. VERY cute!!! Love that sparkle! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)