Monday, March 9, 2009

A Beautiful Box

Hey everyone, I saw this box made by Rachel with a wonderful tutorial on how to make them on her blog.  I was in need of another 3-d type gift for a coffee that I am helping to hostess next week, so I thought this would be a perfect idea.  I stayed fairly simply with my box design and used the SAB Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! to make the whole thing.
This box is so neat because not only does it fit the regular 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" cards, it also has a spot for 3" x 3" cards as well as some stamps.  
Here are my 3" x 3" cards that I made.  There are only 4, but this box could easily hold more.  I didn't put any sentiments on these cards, because this way they can be used for just about anything.
My 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" cards do have sentiments on them.  Again, I made all of the cards very simple.  The reason for this is actually a funny story.  I was at the post office last week and the postal worker (a guy) pointed out that one of the cards I was mailing was a little thicker on one side.  This was why I brought it in. . .I knew I needed to find out how much it would cost to send.  He proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't put embellishments on my cards because it costs more to send them because they don't fit through his machine.  I simply smiled and said that that was why I brought it in to find out how much it would cost.  Because this is a gift for someone else, I wanted to make sure that it would only cost a single stamp to mail these babies.

Stamps:  Cheep Talk, Trendy Trees (SU)
Ink:  So Saffron, Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Delicate Dots DSP
Accessories:  Top Note Die, Pretties kit, rub-ons, Circle Rhinestone, rubber band, 
So Saffron ribbon, Certainly Celery ribbon, circle cutters, paper piercer, silver brads

3 comments:

  1. A lovely box, looks fab, gogeous card to go in in, lovely gift, sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT!!!! Thanks for sharing your creation. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Cassie, I LOVE this!! I'll have to go check out that tutorial...you did such an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)