Wednesday, October 7, 2009

For no Particular Challenge

I didn't make this for any particular challenge. I just decided to make this for a neighbor. Journaling can sometimes be a real stress reliever for me (not quite as much as card making is ;)). I figured that this might me a nice little journal to jot some thoughts down in. Along with it I made some cupcakes for her and her kids. Chocolate is another good mood changer for me, so maybe it will be for her too.
I used one of the newly released sets from Clear Dollar Stamps called Winged Whispers. As soon as this baby came in the mail, I was itching to ink it up. I thought this was the perfect opportunity. As you can see the sentiment says, 'Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.' I just love this quote.
Stamps: Winged Whispers
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Memento Tuxedo Black, Crushed Curry
Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade, watercolor, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: sponge, Labels 9 & Tags Trio Nestabilities, button, aquapainter, Rich Razzleberry ribbon, journal & pen
I'm so glad you stopped by today. I hope the rest of your day is very blessed ;D

12 comments:

  1. I just love this! Your bird is gorgeous and that (and the cupcakes) will be a fantastic "cheer up" for a neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, I love the journal..what a super idea! I maybird have to case this! LOL Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Wont you be my neighbor, wont you please, wont you be my neighbor"
    lol your neighbors are so blessed!
    I LOVE how you used your labels 9 turning them each a different way, and your coloring is fantastic! Gorgeous Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS is beautiful Cassie. She is going to treasure this. I would cry my eyes out if I got a gift like this.. You are so sweet..Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Your neighbor is blessed to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this... So BEAUTIFUL!!!

    **Sony**
    Puerto Rico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cassie -- this is so pretty! Journaling is a great source of comfort and stress buster (so is chocolate) so this is a great gift for your neighbor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Cassie....I love the colors you used and your coloring on that wonderful bird image is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful journal Cassie, your neighbor is so lucky to have a sweet friend like you close by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a pretty notepad, and I like the color you used for the bird! SO unique! Like the sponging on the tag too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)