Thursday, January 23, 2014

CTD: Love You Always



My husband is sicker than a dog right now trying to trudge through his residency week over at Auburn, and I feel totally helpless.  I wish I could be taking care of him right now.  He's what I was thinking of when I made this card for the Color Throwdown challenge.  The colors are:  Basic Gray, Ridinghood Red, Crumb Cake, and Daffodil Delight.  Traditionally Sunflowers aren't a Valentine's day flower, but I LOVE sunflowers.  Whenever I see them in bouquets at Sam's I have to buy them.  They are just so big, and their stems are so strong. . .so beautiful.

I used some products from Taylored Expressions for this card.  The image is called Sunflower Bouquet, and the dies are new; Pockets & Pages February Script.  I don't do much in the way of scrapbooking these days, although all of the Pockets & Pages products make me want to.  I've found that these products are great for more than scrapbooking :)

Other than the coloring, this was a quick card to make.  The coloring is never quick, but that's my favorite part so I don't mind ;)

Stamps:  Sunflower Bouquet
Paper:  kraft, dark gray, Choice White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  Copics, TE Pockets & Pages February Script die, Doodlebug Heart Pearls Lily White, foam tape

Thanks for stopping in!

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cassie!! that bouquet is gorgeous. I know your prayers are helping your dear hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love this Cassie. Love your layout and how you colored that image and the sentiment. Wow this looks great. Thank you for your sweet comment you left on my blog. Sorry about your hubbie. Hope is of short duration. Bet he is dragging poor guy. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, Cassie! Your coloring on the bouquet is fabulous. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Cassie. Such a pretty image and fabulous coloring. Love the script die-cut message. It's perfect. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove this, Cassie!!!! You have colored the sunflowers beautifully and what a fabulous design!!!! Hope your hubby feels better soon!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a pretty stamp! I love those sunflowers. Perfect for the color challenge! Thanks for playing with us at Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)