Saturday, October 4, 2014

Happy World Card Making Day 2014!


Hey Crafty Friends!  What are you doing to celebrate World Card Making Day?!  I'm hoping to get even more time down in my cave to create and celebrate.  I made this card for my in-laws who just moved into a new home.  I used one of my favorite sets from Papertrey Ink called On the Farm with the matching die.  

I played around with some embossing paste too.  I started off by painting some kraft cardstock using some distress paints, and then inked my craft mat with some distress inks and put some embossing paste into the ink.  I didn't want it to by completely mixed in, as you can see.  The paste was then spread over the top of the Tim Holtz woodgrain stencil.  Once it was dry the card was assembled.  

I have some chili to make and some crafting to do before the Husker game tonight, so I better get going.  Have a wonderful World Card Making Day!

Stamps:  On the Farm
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Real Red, SU Crushed Curry, SU Lucky Limeade, Distress Tea Stain
Paper:  kraft, TE Sugar Cube, TE Oreo
Accessories:  Distress Paint, embossing paste, Woodgrain stencil, PTI On the Farm die, foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)