Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Mixed Media Fun!


As I've said before, I've been dabbling in the art of Mixed Media!  Last night had jumped full in by attempting to paint a person.  As you can see I wasn't brave enough to do a face shot, but I did use a piece from a magazine and made it all my own.  There are layers of sheet music in the back as well that you can see faintly.  I have so much to learn, but one of my favorite things about it is being able to cover up mistakes.  I used acrylic paints, watercolor crayons, gesso, black pens, stabilo graphite pencils, and several stencils.


Thanks for taking a look!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cassie! I hope you are all settled after the move :) Your page is absolutely beautiful! I love the feeling you captured and your girl is beautiful! I can't draw people (even from the back) to save my life! I love it. Wanted to come say hi too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so gorgeous! I've been thinking about trying an art journal but am a bit intimidated!! but your page is gorgeous, love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)