Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Documented Life Project 2015 -- Week 6

Hey everyone!  In the effort to be more transparent with my art, I'm showing you a layout in the art journal for the Documented Life Project 2015 week 6.

February Theme:  Layers You Will Love!
February 7 Art Challenge:  When Not to Stop
Journal Prompt:  "Don't Stop Til You Get Enough!" (Ooh)

I love that there really aren't any rules to our pages, although that is usually a foreign concept to me.  Because this is still a super new journey for me, I'm not sure that I really accomplished the 'When Not to Stop' challenge.  These Dyan Reavely journals are HUGE when you're staring at a blank page, so you really just have to start.

I started by using Gesso (as I usually do), then by writing a quote on layers all over my page in a messy cursive.  The layers go as follows:  ledger paper, Distress Paints, Gelli Prints, stamping, paints, doodles, Gesso through a stencil, more doodles, stabilo pencil.

This definitely could have used more layers, especially since layers are the theme, but I'm happy.  I could be happier ;)



As always, I'm looking forward to next weeks prompt!  Thanks for stopping in!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cassie! Love your beautiful pages here. Really love the pop of white. Hope you are all settled in your new place. I've been good just super busy! Hugs....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)