Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Color Challenge

Today's color challenge on Splitcoaststampers was to use the colors Kraft (or Creamy Caramel), Baja Breeze, and Not Quite Navy. I only happened to get this card in between Roman History and Science. I let the kids have a 20 minute break rather than a 15 minute break, and it's amazing how the creative juices were able to fly with an extra 5 minutes. As a homeschooling mom you have to take the free opportunities when they arise, and they don't seem to "arise" as often as I would like. . .lol. As a matter of fact I am typing bits of this in between spelling words :)

On the description of this card, sigh. This color combination is such a great one. It makes me think of ice and cold, which is how it feels outside today. With that in mind, I had two choices. I started making a card with the whale image from "Winter Eskimo" from Clear Dollar Stamps. I also really wanted to make a card with "Espress Yourself" from Stampin' Up!, but with only 20 minutes I couldn't work that much of a miracle. Maybe later.

I just love this little whale. . .so much so, that I wanted more than one of him on the card. I decided to use the mirror technique. That is done by stamping your image onto a larger flat piece of rubber and then immediately stamping that onto the paper. It will give you a mirrored image. After mirroring the little guy, I used a blender pen and Baja Breeze ink to give him a bit more dimension.
Stamps: Winter Eskimo (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Ink: Basic Black, Not Quite Navy
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Baja Breeze DSP
Accessories: Top Note Die, Swirls embossing folder, Curly Label punch, blender pen, Baja Breeze ribbon, Slit punch, black brads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)