Friday, January 9, 2009

So Excited

As a stamper, simple things seem to get me excited. I got my new sets from Clear Dollar Stamps yesterday, and I was elated. I couldn't wait to get started using some of the new things I received in the mail. The first couple of cards I made with stamps that have been out for a little while, but I was excited to use them with the new word set "Critter Messages".

This first card was so fun to make. I used "Claudette Camel", "Critter Messages", and the Basic Grey Offbeat paper. I was really trying to make sure the camel looked camoflauged, so it was a bit difficult matching the image up, but it worked out. This is the result.
Obviously the part that made this difficult was popping Claudette up off the page. I had to make sure that she was lined up correctly on the stripes. For me, it wasn't enough just to stamp her on the paper, I needed her to stand out a bit more.Stamps: Claudette Camel, Critter Messages
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Ivory Parchment, Basic Grey Offbeat DSP
Accessories: Stampin' Dimensionals, Kiwi Kiss ribbon, Slit Punch, sponge, paper piercer

This next image is "Harriette Hippo" from Clear Dollar Stamps. I got the Basic Grey Offbeat DSP a short while ago, and I have been trying to use it all up, so most of my projects lately have used this paper. Once again, this card uses it. I had planned to use the "Critter Messages" on this card too, but I just could not incorporate it after all was said and done. Not to say that it couldn't have been used, I just wasn't "feeling it". . .lol.
I did the same thing with Harriette that I did with Claudette. It just hasn't been "enough" simply to stamp these cuties, I need to make them "pop." Okay, enough with the quotations, because my kids are really laughing at me right now. Here you can see that I made Harriette pop our more than just one layer. My picture is a tad blurry, but you get the jist :)
Stamps: Harriette Hippo
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss
Paper: Ivory Parchment, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey Offbeat DSP
Accessories: sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Kiwi Kiss ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)