Monday, April 6, 2009

It's My Birthday!

Today has been one of the best birthdays!  It's been a great day for me to reflect on just how amazing my family and friends really are!  Jim has been in the field again since yesterday, and that's not really a big deal.  A birthday is just a day, right? 

 Well, it started off that my kids surprised me with breakfast in bed.  That included some toast, a fruit roll-up and milk. . .the breakfast of champions!  Then as I was about to leave for a brunch date with my Pastor's wife (her birthday is tomorrow), 2 wonderful friends showed up at my door with tulips, cards, candy, and a photo album!  When I got to the brunch I was surprised yet again that all of my wonderful friends from church were there to surprise me.  I was so overwhelmed that I couldn't stop crying.  I just can't stop beaming about how wonderful all of my friends and family are.  It's only 1p.m. and already, it's been the best day.  

On that note, I decided to make a friend card for the Color Throwdown.  It's an ongoing joke with some of my military friends to 'get your big girl panties on and deal with it,' so I thought this was fitting.  My friends make me laugh when you just want to cry.  They make me realize that when things are put into perspective I am an incredibly blessed woman.  Thank you, Lord, for the blessing of friends whether they are here in my town or on my computer!!
Stamps:  Granny Support System (Our Craft Lounge)
Ink:  Basic Black, Pixie Pink
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Shimmer White
Accessories:  felt orange flower ribbon, Top Note Bigz die, Tempting Turquoise, Only Orange, and Pixie Pink markers, Stampin' Dimensionals

9 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sounds like you have had a great day already! Enjoy!!!
    Super cute card, those panties made me giggle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Cassie!! So glad you are having such a great one:) Your blooms are on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I like you use of the color throwdown challenge! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Sounds like you're having a FABulous day! :D

    Your card is too funny! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Cassie! Isn't it great when people think of you? Sounds like you have some great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card, and sounds like it's very fitting for your circle of friends! Glad you had a happy birthday! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY,CASSIE!!

    I wish i could also send you a mail on time!
    you are blessed with awonderful family n friends.
    your children n friends really made your day!
    wishing you a long life filled with happiness,health and peace.
    by the way,what is your email id?
    my birthday falls on 11th april,saturday.
    MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
    LOVE N PRAYERS,
    ANU

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Cassie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, is this cute or WHAT? Off to check out these stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)