Saturday, July 24, 2010

An Altered Item for DTGD

Here is my second post of the day for the Dare to Get Dirty Fan Club Challenges going on over at Splitcoaststampers. First I'll show you the finished project:This is what I started with:
I had gotten this little box as a gift and thought about tossing it (GASP)! Using my better judgement, I decided to keep it for a rainy day. Well, it wasn't raining out, although I wish it had been, but it seemed like as a good a time as any to make something with it. I didn't want to completely alter this cute little box, so I just added my touches to it. It fulfills a few of the DTGD challenges: Lost & Found, Treats for All Reasons, & Pretty Packaging.

I used my Sweet Treats 2 set from Taylored Expressions to make this little cutie. Now he's all ready to give to someone special around Halloween.
Stamps: Sweet Treats 2
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: BG Halloween (don't remember what it's called), Basic Black, Cottonball White (CDS)
Accessories: Picket Fence punch, Circle, Pinking Circle, & Labels Trio Nestabilities, sponges, Copics, green ribbon, M&M's, cellophane package, random swirly ribbon

9 comments:

  1. FUN FUN Project!!! Great job on getting dirty!! LOVE that cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you saved something and recycled it into an adorable gift for somebody special!!!! love love love!
    smiles,
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow... you've been a very very busy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, I love it! I love that cuppie too!! he is so cute .. darn you ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, love it. *Ü* *Ü* *Ü* *Ü* *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooooo cute Cassie!!! That is one adorable treat box!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out sooo cute, Cassie...what a fun Halloween project!!!!! I just love that fun little frog and the picket fence you added looks awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)