Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Mother of Teenager

I am officially the mother of a teenager now.  It's hard to believe, and when I think back to when he was born, I've overwhelmed that God entrusted him to me 13 years ago when I was only 22.  I'm so thankful, because he made me grow up, and he and his sister have made me better.  

We just got back from Panama City Beach, FL, where we seem to spend his birthday every year now.  He certainly doesn't seem to mind, and neither does the rest of the family.  We spent a lot of time at Shell Island, we played family games, and ate some wonderful sea food.  Next year we will be moving to the Midwest, so we are soaking in as much beach time as we possibly can.

The new teen had only one request for his card (yes, they put in requests for special cards to be made).  He wanted a minotaur card.  I don't know about you, but I don't have any minotaur stamps, so I had to improvise.  I used several sets on this special card.  The background was made with You're my Hero by Taylored Expressions.  My minotaur was made using the moose from Chubby Chum Pals by Paper Smooches.  The rest was done with a hodgepodge of stamps from Paper Smooches:  Birthday Buddies, Hang Ups, Word Salad, & Squeaky Clean.  I drew the little shield.


The shield and axe have special meaning, because my son simply wanted a bunch of supplies to make his own duct tape weapons.  He's such a creative kid.  He was pretty thrilled with both his card, and his loot of pvc piping, pvc insulation, and lots of duct tape!


Here he is after one of his creations last night. . .happy kid.  He's planning to have a few friends over so they can make some too, and then they can battle.  That's my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)