Thursday, June 13, 2013

Overlapping Ombre


I tried something a bit different today, and I'm diggin' the results.  Over at the Papertrey Ink blog for Make it Monday, they are challenging us to make an overlapping ombre card using images.  I love all of the samples they have and everyone's cards so far.  I used the Watercolor Wonder set and the Simply You set.  Both are great sets.

If you've never tried the overlapping ombre technique before, you should give it a try.  It is definitely one I'll be using again.

Stamps:  Watercolor Wonder & Simply You
Ink:  SU Real Red, SU Regal Rose, SU Pretty in Pink, SU Pink Pirouette, Craft White, Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Crumb Cake, SU Soft Suede
Paper:  PTI Rustic Cream, black, MME Kraft Funday
Accessories:  white embossing powder, black buttons, paper piercer, sponges

I better get running.  I have a lot to do in a short amount of time today, but I hope to have more to show you tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping in!

7 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. PERFECT stamp for this. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, modern with a vintage twist! Gorgeous designing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love how you've distressed the edges, which really shows off the sentiment and focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie, this is SO lovely! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is Awesome Cassie!! Love the Ombre look and your Fab corner piercing detail too! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)