Monday, June 10, 2013

Vellum Roses


Well folks, it's raining because of the Tropical storm that went through Florida, and I'm a bit bummed right now.  I'm not bummed because of the rain, even though that does put a damper on my running plans and possibly my tennis plans this evening.  I'm bummed because our AC is out.  Even though we had them fix a small problem the other day, and by small I mean $400, that didn't fix the big problem.  We have a choice to make.  The unit is roughly 10 years old and the free-on is going obsolete and there is a leak.  To fix it could run between $1000 to fix the coil, or much more to replace the unit.  So I may be crafting this afternoon to replace the blah feeling that I'm feeling right now.

Okay, enough yuck.  I did make a card using some vellum, and I am just loving the results.  I embossed the images in white and then colored the back with Copics.  What a pretty look, don't you think?  The trick with vellum is that attaching it with tape shows through.  I know they make specific adhesive for vellum, but I don't have any.  Do you see the white strips of paper?  I put that over the top to cover the one strip of adhesive that I used to attach my vellum.  It works, and I think it looks fairly pretty.

Stamps:  Best Mom Ever from Simon Says Stamp
Ink:  Craft White
Paper:  vellum, Neenah Solar White, designer paper
Accessories:  white embossing powder, Elle's Custom cutouts, Copics

Thanks for stopping in today.  I didn't make this for anything in particular. . .I just made it.  Sometimes that is the most fun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)