Thursday, October 10, 2013

4 New Cards for Hope You Can Cling To

I'm almost entirely caught up with the Hope You Can Cling To challenges going on over at Splitcoaststampers.  If you're new to HYCCT, you really need to check it out.  It's an amazing opportunity to use the talents that God has given you to benefit others!

The first card I'm showing you is for Lydia's first challenge to us, which was to create an card with a dimensional image on the inside that can be seen from the outside.  I used the new October Stamp of the Month from Taylored Expressions along with the Key Ingredients Kit, to make a retro card.  I loved mixed tapes as a kid, and creating them was so super fun.

 Stamps:  Instant Love
Ink:  SU Cameo Coral, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories:  ribbon from kit, cream twine, TE Remember When die, TE Ric Rac Border die, TE Label Stacklets 3 die, Tape Deck Charms, Copics, Tags Nestabilities, foam tape

My second card is for Jeanne's challenge to make a card to put a smile on someone's face.  That chicken from the Paper Smooches set called Green Acres puts a smile on my face, hehe.  The background paper was made with some Distress Tumbled Glass ink and some water misters.  I finished that off with some gold powders in a water mister too.

 Stamps:  Green Acres
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Tumbled Glass
Paper:  kraft, Choice White, watercolor
Accessories:  copics, water misters, foam tape, orange ribbon

My third card was made for Bridget's PINKterest challenge, to create a card from one of the Pinterest pictures she posted as inspiration.  I chose one that had beautiful oil paints in these colors painted in blocks of color.  I used a couple of Papertrey Ink sets called Signature Greetings II and Happy Harlequin.

 Stamps:  Signature Greetings II, Happy Harlequin
Ink:  SU Rich Razzleberry, SU Pale Plum, SU Pink Pirouette, SU Melon Mambo, SU Pretty ink Pink, SU Crushed Curry, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  PTI Rustic White

My final card for the day is for Lee's Pink Camo challenge.  I used 2 Paper Smooches stamp sets called Circle of Honor and Good Gab.  I went pretty simple on it, although I wanted to be more creative.

Stamps:  Circle of Honor, Good Gab
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  SU Kaliedoscope dp, Choice White
Accessories:  Copics, foam tape

I have more, but I'm going to pace myself on posting them.  I really do hope that you'll join me and many others in the challenges over at Splitcoaststampers!

1 comment:

  1. Cassie, these are gorgeous and fun, too!! Great design work, thank you for sharing your gift with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)