Friday, July 8, 2011

CDS Product Parade Day 2

Go HERE for the Gel-a-tins Blog Hop

 Good morning, and welcome to Day 2 of the Clear Dollar Stamps Product Parade!  This is where the CDS Design Team shows off the new products that were just released over at the Clear Dollar Stamps store!  Today is all about birthdays and celebrations, so let's get this party started :D

The first set I'm showing is called Birthday Party (set of 18), and it is full of great birthday images!  I used the cupcake and banners to create a fun birthday scene with some bright colors.  I love how the banner can be made how ever you want with as many pieces as you want.  This card also uses the CDS Designer Label Dies and the CDS Pinked Edge Border Die.
Stamps:  Birthday Party
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  EP Playground, CDS Cottonball White
Copics:  BV08, R22, YR14, Y21, YG03, BG53
Accessories:  CDS Pinked Edge Border, CDS Designer Labels Die, dimensionals, CDS Lime Juice Twill Ribbon, window punch, Turquoise Stickles

My next few cards were all made with individual stamps, which gives you lots of variety without a lot of commitment.  If you like to mix and match then this is the route for you!  This card uses the Birthday Cake Swirls stamp.  I apologize for my coloring. . .it was the first thing I tried to make after my surgery so it was done left-handed.  Not too terrible, right?
Stamps:  Birthday Cake Swirls
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  CDS Pucker Up, MME Life of the Party, CDS watercolor paper
Tombows:  373, 837, 990, 847, 173
Accessories:  aquabrush, CDS Lime Juice Twill ribbon, dimensionals, Scalloped Square Nestabilities

This next card uses 2 single stamps.  The first is Birthday Cake Slice and then the sentiment 'you take the cake'.  I had to make this card a carrot cake. . .it's my husband's favorite and his birthday is coming up!
 Stamps:  Birthday Cake Slice, you take the cake
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, CDS Hot Cocoa
Paper:  CDS Melon Spice, CDS Pineapple Twist, MME Life of the Party, CDS watercolor paper
Tombows:  985, 912, 925, 098, 947
Accessories:  aquabrush, staples, corner rounder, dimensionals, SU ribbon

This next one is just a fun one!  I had this wonderful Basic Grey paper (Life of the Party), and I thought how fun it would be to make a paper mustache with it, haha!  I think my brother-in-law will like it :)  I used my creation with the great single sentiment 'celebrate'.

 Stamps:  celebrate
Ink:  CDS Hot Cocoa
Paper:  vanilla, BG Life of the Party
Accessories:  sponge, CDS Tabs & Tags Dies, orange button, brown thread, mustache cut out

Using the same papers, I went for an extremely simple approach with this next birthday card.  This approach could be used with lots of different kinds of dp, and the sentiment 'Happy Birthday' could be dressed up or dressed down depending on the look you wanted.
 Stamps:  Happy Birthday
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper:  CDS Worn Parchment, BG Life of the Party
Accessories:  corner rounder

Here is another single image stamp called Ice Cream Cone.  This could be combined with just about any sentiment that I've shown, and the image is big and fun.
 Stamps:  Ice Cream Cone
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Paper:  vanilla, CDS watercolor, CDS Lemon Zest, CDS Tropical Mist
Tombows:  912, 703, 856, 899
Accessories:  Swiss Dots embossing folder, dimensionals, red brads, Scor-pal

My final card is probably my favorite of the day.  I just wanted something really fun and off the wall for the background, so I misted some CDS watercolor paper with water and then dropped some ink on there and misted again.  I love the look it made.  This would be fun for a art party invite since it uses the stamp 'It's a Party'.
Stamps:  It's a Party
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU Summer Sun, SU Riding Hood Red, SU Kiwi Kiss, SU Pacific Point, SU Pretty in Pink
Paper:  CDS Cherry Go Round, CDS Heavy watercolor
Accessories:  black embossing powder, spray bottle

And there you have it!  All you need for great Birthday party cards and invites!  Be sure to head over to Lori's blog and the rest of the DT's blog (in my side bar) to see even more birthday inspiration!  Tomorrow there will be even more to see, but until then why not go shopping ;)

2 comments:

  1. You have been one busy stamper. I love the way you colored your carrot cake. One of my favs too. Your left hand coloring is fabulous. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your coloring Cass. Love love the Its a party one! Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)