Wednesday, December 7, 2011

MFT Weekly Sketch #49

On Black Friday the only shopping I did was mostly for myself.  Selfish, I know, but let's be honest. . .no one really knows what I want, and they aren't interested enough in the details to ask in about specifics.  It doesn't bother me really. I'm sure in their eyes it's a bit too difficult to figure out.  I take the guess work out of it for them ;)  

I digress, so onto my project.  I received some  MFT goodies last week in the mail from their Black Friday specials. . .good stuff I tell ya!  I ordered this adorable little lamb stamp called PI Precious Little Lamb Upon a Star.  At the time I ordered it, I didn't realize how good it would be to practice up on the new things I learned from the Intermediate Copic Certification Class.  

I used the newest MFT Weekly Sketch, and flipped it on it's side.  

I'm working on making my shadows and shading more dramatic when the situation calls for it.  A star shining down seemed like the perfect situation.  Of course, I needed a little airbrushing because, frankly. . .I'm addicted ;)

Stamps:  PI Precious Little Lamb Upon a Star
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, CDS Hot Cocoa
Paper:  TE buttercream, EP Times & Seasons
Copics:  E41, E43, E44, E47, YG03, YG91, YG95, B91, B95, B97, R27, R59, E44, E50, E53, E57, Y21, Y26 & airbrush
Accessories:  Labels Nestabilities, Copic Mask-It, brown twill ribbon, brown buttons, sponge


Thanks for stopping by today!  I would love to hear your constructive criticism :)

4 comments:

  1. Love this Cassie! Good to see you putting the ideas from class into your work. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Sweet! I love how you did the back of his head! Hey, I got two flapperdoodle sets free with my MFT Black Friday order - Flappers in a Vespa and Hotsy Totsy Birthday - that I'd like to pass on to someone who would enjoy them. Let me know if they are your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Cassie,
    WOW this is gorgeous! I love that amazing detail you've got with your markers, and I can honestly say I've NEVER air brushed... Opps!! What is it really?? Moving right along, I do truly LOVE this cute little lamp and the star and think it makes for a wonderful card!
    SMiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little card! I love how you combined the different patterned papers and I'd say you have that shading down pat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)