Friday, March 23, 2012

TESC #155 -- Easter Joy


Like all of you, I love Fridays for so many reasons!  It's the start of the weekend, it represents our family night, AND it's time for another new Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge since it's the 3rd Friday of the month!  Here are the deets for the challenge:

We will select one featured stamper who will be awarded "Top Chef" honors. Your design and blog will be featured on Taylor's blog during the following week's sketch challenge.

Here's everything you need to know in order to participate:

1. Create a card using the sketch as inspiration. Feel free to switch up the shape or size of your card. As long as your project follows the general sketch, you’re good to go! You may play as many times as you want. Each upload will be entered into our weekly drawing, so the more you create - the better chance you have of winning the PRIZE!

2. Upload your project to Taylor's blog, using In Linkz before 8pm PST on Thursday, April 5th. If you also choose to upload your creation to online galleries (like over on SCS), use the keyword TESC155

3. You’re not required to use TE Stamps on your project, but we love it when you do! And if you’re drawn as our weekly winner and you’ve used TE Stamps on your project you’ll get a little sumpin’ sumpin’ extra (see below)!

The PRIZE!!

1. We will randomly select one person from all of the challenge uploads to receive a $10 gift certificate to the TE Store!

2. If you used predominantly TE Stamps on your project you’ll receive an extra $10 bonus for a total $20 gift certificate to the TE Store.

Now onto my card:

I decided to make my card more horizontal and I used the darling Easter Joy stamp set along with my March Key Ingredients kit.  My main image uses the Frame It Up 1 Die, and I added some flourishes with my Cream Viva Pearl Pen.  Notice that the background uses the Damask Impressions Plate as well :)


 Stamps:  Easter Joy
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Paper:  March TE KI Kit
Accessories:  Copics YR21, YR23, EP Decorative Brads (from the March TE KI Kit), TE Houndstooth/Damask Impression Plate, TE Frame It Up 1 Die, circle punch, Cream Viva Pearl Pen, sponge


Thanks for stopping by today!  Be sure to make your way to the rest of the Sketch Crew's blogs to be inspired:

Taylor VanBruggen  <---- get all the details here
Chaitali Narla, featured Top Chef

I can't wait to see what you create!

6 comments:

  1. Cassie I love how you used this horizontally with this image. These colors just pop off the card. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly adore this card Cassie! I love the creative way you put together the little scene and all it represents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Cassie. That sun is so pretty and I love how you turned the sketch. Pretty papers and great textures too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cassie, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cassie!!! Hope all is well with you and your family!!!! Your card is so pretty and inspirational...I love your rising sun and the wonderful sentiment!!!! Such pretty colors, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors are so cheerful! I love your gorgeous take on the sketch! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)