Thursday, March 8, 2012

Way to Go!


I haven't had an opportunity to participate in the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge in a while, so I thought it was time.  I caved and bought the most recent kit called the Zoo Kit.  I knew I'd use all of the goodies in the kit, so it seemed like a 'no brainer' to me :)

I was inspired by the outlined flowers in the beautiful picture that Kim posted.  In keeping with that, I stamped each of the darling zoo animals in a particular color and then only colored in a small portion of the image.  This card certainly was fun to make, because I also had my nephew in mind who is headed to Illinois State Wrestling this weekend.  I'm so proud of him, and while this card won't make it up there in time I wanted him to know how proud we are :)
Stamps:  Zoo Crew & Sentiment Sampler
Ink:  SU Island Indigo, SU Crushed Curry, SU Lucky Limeade, Memento London Fog, Memento Potter's Clay, Black Soot
Paper:  TE Buttercream, CDS Worn Parchment
Accessories:  felt jungle leaf, Kraft twine, button, foam tape, Copics

Thanks for stopping in!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute Cassie! I'm sure he will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an adorable card! I LOVE how you colored only small parts of each animal. Such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a super cute little crew! Great use of the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)