Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Some Mojo for my Sisters

I technically have one sister, and I love her dearly. She is 5 years younger than I am, and sadly I didn't actually start really liking her until after she was out of high school {hehe}. I count her for comic relief, which she supplies on a very regular basis. It's true that she was born my sister, but we've grown to be wonderful friends. I only wish she lived closer.

Now, I say 'technially' because I have many sisters in Christ, and some that have truly touched my life beyond measure. Since my husband is in the Army, we've had to move several times. My BFF became that way because of the Army, deployments and our wonderful little church. She may live a 2 days drive away now, but we don't let more than a couple of days go betweeen one conversation to the next.

As soon as I saw this set from My Favorite Things, I had to have it! On top of that, I've been giving myself a bit of retail therapy since the idea of my husband deploying again is really setting in. Soooo, I bought some things from Taylored Expressions as well. These cards were made with the August 20th Key Ingredients set. I guess I'm also disappointed that Stampin' Up! has decided to change their IDA. Oh well, now's as good a time as any to check out all the wonderful companies that are out there for my papered goods.

These cards were made for the Mojo Monday challenge blog. I loved the sketch so much and my new goodies that I thought I would make a couple of cards for a couple of special ladies in my life.
Stamps: How Sweet It Is (My Favorite Things)
Ink: Memento Chocolate & Tuxedo
Paper: August 20th Key Ingredients kit (Taylored Expressions)
Accessories: crocheted flower, chocolate brad, Copics
Thanks for stopping by, looking at my cards, and reading my blab!

4 comments:

  1. WOW Cassie! These cards are amazing!! Seriously! Your coloring is absolutely stunning! Man! Now I want that set too! you are such a bad influence! {chuckle chuckle}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Cassie! I love these color combinations. Makes me wanna join them and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cassie these are great. Nothing like a sister. Your colors are terrific. Really a sweet card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet cards, I'm sure your special ladies will love them. Great layout and colors:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)