Friday, May 7, 2010

Clearly Inspired Challenge #13

It's been one heck of a week over here, and I sure am glad it's Friday. Now I just need to get through the weekend. . .there is so much on the plate my head hurts just thinking about it. That must mean I need more coffee, hehe. Pray for me. . .I'll be delivering part of the message on Sunday. Yikes!

Ok, onto business. It's Clearly Inspired Challenge time over at ClearlyiStamp. This week's challenge is stemmed from the phrase 'April Showers bring May flowers'. Now that we are in May, let's focus on those flowers! I used this oldie, but goody called Bold Bouquet, and another called Kid Encouragements. I am loving both of these sets! I think I was actually successful with the rock and roll technique too! I paired it up with this yummy Cosmo Cricket paper called Garden Variety. I also used the sketch from Mojo Monday, and the colors from Paper Sundaes, which were red, yellow, and green.
CDS Stamps: Bold Bouquet, Kid Encouragements
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Riding Hood Red, Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Sweet Pea (CDS), buttercream, Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety
Accessories: red brads (CDS), Tiny Bubbles & D'Vine Swirls embossing folders, window punch, dimensionals, buttons

Remember that you don't have to have Clear Dollar Stamps to participate in the challenge, but we would love to see them if you've got them. Stop on by the store and check out all the wonderful stamp sets, papers, ribbon, and embellies that CDS carries!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, now that is one gorgeous card Cassie!!!! The colors made me smile, so bright and cheery!!! Your flowers look wonderful, great job with the rock & roll tech and so fabulously cut out!!! Love it!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that DP with that stamp set and the color choices are awesome. Thanks for being such a great team member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Cassie love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So pretty Cassie, love these bright, happy colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is so bright and fun! I like that sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how pretty! Love the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is very cheering, good for someone going through a rough patch. I like the way you accented the flowers with buttons. Glad you joined us this week at Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cassie...I am sooo lovin those bright, pretty colors and your flowers are gorgeous!!!! Love the background paper, too...it goes just perfectly with the flowers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool card Cassie. Love the rock'n'roll technique you used along with the really bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so pretty! love the fresh colors and the papers match the images so well!
    Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh Cassie ! This is wonderful! I really love your colors and how they coordinate so well with your dp, speaking of the dp, I love how you emboss dp it adds so much to your card. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cass, I love your colors and the sketch you used. Perfect. Hi girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card and your sketch..(brilliant)!

    Love your use of color on this card...I seem to have trouble using bright colors..but you pulled it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Cassie. I love the colors you used. Hope your day at church was a huge success. I am sure it was. Just checking in...:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)