Friday, May 21, 2010

A Happy Saturday

I actually made this for 4 different challenges, and I was so proud of myself. I really stepped out of the box on this one, but I guess I figured I could after my Easel card the other day. For the Wednesday Stamp club over at MFT, we were asked to watercolor. I really haven't done that recently, but it was fun to break out the watercolor supplies, and I really like the look. I used my Sheltering Tree from MFT, and a hand crocheted heart. At Simon Says, we were supposed to make a tent card. I had never done that before, but I sure love the look! At the Little Red Wagon, you were supposed to put a window on your card. What a fun challenge, and so out of my box, hehe. On top of all of that, I used the colors from the ColorQ, which were Bermuda Bay, Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun, Soft Suede, & White. I love those colors together!
Stamps: Sheltering Tree (MFT)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Kiwi Kiss, Soft Suede
Paper: Bermuda Bay, Paper Crate dp, watercolor paper, Neenah Solar White
Accessories: aqua painter, Soft Suede ribbon, crocheted heart, white brad, brown thread, circle cutters, Bermuda Bay marker (SU), Bee Pollen & Cream Soda markers (CDS)

22 comments:

  1. This is just TOO CUTE!! Love those owls! (=

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Amazing card Cassie, I LOVE it:) I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sister:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A-mazing Cassie! This card is awesome! I love all the new things you did with it! I love it all, really I do! You will have to show me those new techniques of yours in a couple weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Cassie :-) perfect images for a tent card ,, out in the woods ,,,, :-) Love the owls ,, very cute :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet card! love that tree, and your crocheted heart is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I just ordered those stamps and can't wait to play with them. LOVE your window.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! I need one of those crocheted hearts, these are *MustHaves*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to jump on the "wow - amazing" bandwagon! This is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card Cassie! Love it!Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card Cassie! Your watercoloring looks amazing! I love how you created the tent card using the tree. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is so adorable Cass. I am amazed you made it work for four different challenges. Awesome gf. I just love the standing up tree through the window. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That tree is picturesque! I love the whole card!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, Cassie...this is soooo cute!!!! The little owls are adorable and your coloring is jaw droppin gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this is too sweet! Love the owls!
    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on being this week's Queen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card, sweet image and colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, awesome card! Well deserved crowning! You are THE Queen!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is AMAZING!


    Congratulations, your card is being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on being crowned the Queen! This is indeed a fabulours card. Love the way you used the colours. Love the tree cut out with owls hanging on the branch and fabulous way of showcasing the background!! Congrats dear.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. so seriously have you ever thought of doing a tutorial on your site? your work is ah-may-zing! are you on twitter? join now! :)
    smiles,
    gina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)