Monday, March 1, 2010

A Card for Grandpa

Good morning everyone! Nothing too exciting today, other than this fun card I made for my grandpa. He is 87 years old and had to have surgery last week. Thankfully, he'll be headed home today. My grandpa loves a good joke, so I thought I would try to make him smile with this image. If you asked him how he was doing, I'd be 98% sure he would say he was 'pooped'. So naturally I had to make a card that would reflect that, hehe. I'm sure it will bring a smile to his face, which is really all I want to do.

He was an accountant at the Stockyards in Omaha back in the day, and when I was little I would go to work with him on occasion. I was a fairly shy kid, so he would stick crackers on the edge of his desk, and I would come and swipe them when I thought he wasn't looking. He's the reason I wanted to go into accounting. Having kids and staying home to home school them has curbed that dream, but I still admire my grandpa.

The stamps come from a set called Cat-tastic from Clear Dollar Stamps.
CDS stamps: Cat-tastic
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Baja Breeze, Going Gray, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Nook & Pantry Basic Grey dp, Chocolate Chip, watercolor paper, Prism yellow (not sure of the name)
Accessories: aquapainter, Labels 1 Nestabilities, sponge, corner rounder, green satin ribbon, dimensionals, Argyle embossing folder

8 comments:

  1. What a great card Cassie! I know your grandpa will love it! I love your layout and your coloring! I still adore that labels 1 too. I may just have to add it to my collection .. enable on! Hope your grandpa continues to get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet memory, Cassie, and your card is just perfect for you Grandpa!!! I know he will get a kick out of this!!! The image is adorable and I love the papers you used, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card!! Love the sentiment with the image!! Perfect for your grandpa!! Great papers and design with the embossing!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Cassie. Get well wishes for your grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way cute Cassie, he's going to LOVE it and get a real kick out of it! Happy Birthday to Grandpa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet. What a wonderful card for your Grandpa.. I was shy when I was little too.. Great job Cassie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cassie, I loved that you shared some memories of your grandfather! That was so neat reading about you, as a child with your grandfather and I know he'll love this cute cute card! Love the papers and let us know how he does in his recovery from surgery, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's very funny, he's going to get quite a chuckle from it! Love the DSP ... don't you just LOVE CDS!! What a wonderful story about being a little girl and wanting to follow in your Grampa's footsteps. don't count it out, it may someday come to be when the kids are older!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)