Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Truly Scrumptious Color Throwdown

I'm up once again trying to post a card in the evening. I just had to get in there in create something with all of the cleaning I've been doing. I made this for 3 challenges. . .woohoo for me! I followed the sketch and theme over at Truly Scrumptious, which was to make something 'good enough to eat'. Over at the Color Throwdown, they are challenging us to make cards using Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, and Old Olive. Over at Get Sketchy, there is no sketch just simply a springy theme.

I'm ashamed to admit that this is a set from Clear Dollar Stamps that I have had for a while, but never inked up until tonight. . .shame on me! I LOVED it when I saw it and just HAD to have it. I still love it, and now I seem to be brimming with ideas for it so maybe you'll see more of it in the near future ;)
CDS Stamps: Tangy Trio
Ink: Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip
Paper: Early Bird Cosmo Cricket dp, buttercream, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: sponge, olive ribbon, olive buttons, Crystal Effects

18 comments:

  1. Really a lovely card! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooo glad you inked it up, Cassie, cause it looks AWESOME!!!! I love the colors and what great details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, and don't be ashamed about the uninked stamps....
    when you get to them they are way more fun, no guilt, just eat a chocolate LOL! Take care, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors...wow sooo perfect for that cherry image!!! What a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fabulous card Cassie. Love the colours you've used and the image also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty!!! Love all your delicious layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is SWEET! I love how you used the flowers as a little shadow for the cherries! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card. I love the blue, red and green together.. I have not ever used this before.. Great job on this card Cassie.. I love new "old" rubber..hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Cassie!! You hit a home run with this one!It is so pretty!! I love how you used the colors and three challenges !! That is awesome! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how pretty!! I just love your layout and colors!! The stamped panel is gorgeous! The flowers as shadows and corners is a beautiful touch!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those colors together, and the cherries dfinitely remind me of the warm weather to come! Beautful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Cassie... I love how you stamped around those cherries... very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute card Cassie! Glad you dug out that image it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, that's a yummy image for sure!

    thanks for joining us on TS

    dAwn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty! I love the cherries and all the little flowers! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  16. gorgeous card Cassie so fresh looking, I love your dollar stamp a huge bargain...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)