Friday, March 19, 2010

Easter Basket

Good morning all! My kids are doing a writing assignment, so I thought I would post an Easter basket I made with a newly released Clear Dollar Stamp set called Barnyard Mischief, designed by Shawne. It fits the challenge they are having over at Stampin' for the Weekend, which is an Easter theme. I made the basket using my Octagon Nestabilities. I had planned to have a tutorial to go along with it, but time just did not allow.

Basically I used my Nestabiltie as a template to make the outside of the basket, and then I used the Scalloped Octagon Nestabilitie to make the bottom. I bunched the corners and taped them together to give it the grass edge. I'm sure that doesn't make any sense, and I should have actually taken pictures all along the way. I just wasn't sure it was going to work. Haha, live and learn right?!
CDS Stamps: Barnyard Mischief
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: Pixie Pink, Certainly Celery, Neenah Solar White
Accessories: Copics, sponge, Octagon & Scalloped Octagon Nestabilities, pink ribbon, brads, paper crimper, Cadbury eggs, Scor-pal, Flower Soft

Thanks for stopping by today!

7 comments:

  1. It's a great basket! Very creative idea!
    Thanks for sharing, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW Cassie what a SWEET Basket, this is fantastic!!! SOOO SWEEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable.. I love the basket.. It is so sweet and perfect for the Easter season.. I really like the shape..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Lovely easter basket!
    Thanks for joining SFTW!

    Hugs Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling Easter basket, Cassie, and I love the cute little stamp you used!!!!! Sooo clever of you to use the nesties and love the idea of the *grass* at the bottom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative and cute basket. Your pig.. I mean bunny is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee this is so cute and has really made me laugh :D
    Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

    x Amy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)