Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Color Throwdown

We've decided to take the day off of school today. It's really because I just needed some time to think after the morning I had. My poor neighbor called me at 6 this morning, because her daughter (they live together) had fallen. I headed over there, and ended up calling 911 within minutes. Let's just say I was not cut out to be a nurse. My poor neighbor had broken all of her front teeth because she fell with one of her dizzy spells. With my kids and home asleep, there was nothing more I could do but wait for the EMT's. So needless to say, I just needed to take my mind off of stuff. What better way to do than to combine a couple of challenges?!

This card uses the sketch over at Splitcoaststampers and the color combo from the Color Throwdown. The colors are: Soft Sky, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, & Taken with Teal. Isn't it a great combo? I used my Bitty Botanicals set from Clear Dollar Stamps, and the sentiment is from a set called Card Categories, which is CDS as well.
CDS Stamps: Bitty Botanicals, Card Categories
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tangerine Tango, Taken with Teal
Paper: Basic Black, vanilla, Taken with Teal, Soft Sky dp, Tangerine Tango
Accessories: sponges, mini black brads (CDS), Circle Nestabilities, Forest Branches & Victoria embossing folders

Thanks for stopping by today. I have a card for today's Color Dare as well, but I may just post tomorrow ;)

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the layers and embossing. The black really makes everything stand out. And great sponging, too! ;) Sorry about your morning! Stamping does make things better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie WOW this is gorgeous, love love how you used these colors..The embossing is SUPER SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this is gorgeous! Fantastic card! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I just love all the patterns and textures you used! They really make the colors pop! Great card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your day is going better than it started! Hopefully she is okay.
    Your card is lovely, with all the different textures and patterns. Take care, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I hope your friend is okay....what a terrible thing! Glad you were around to help....I would never make a good nurse either! Your card is beautiful....all those textures really make it warm. Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! The sponging you did really makes the colors pop! Thanks for joining us for the Throwdown! (Hope your neighbor is OK... lucky they had you to help them when they needed it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your sweet words :)